It was Leslie Schreiber’s own quest to become a parent that drew her to helping others who were navigating their way through the complexities of reproductive law.
Leslie began her career as a judicial clerk on Florida’s Third District Court of Appeal, developing the keen ability to strategize and problem-solve. Tapped to become an Assistant Attorney General, she prosecuted criminal appeals for the State of Florida. In 1996, she opened a private practice.
Leslie parlayed her lived experience with infertility into similar successes for the growing number of people involved with collaborative and assisted reproduction; she understood that her legal expertise combined with her first-hand knowledge of collaborative reproduction could be of significant benefit to others.
Leslie is a member of the Bar Associations of Vermont, Florida, New York, and Washington, DC.
Leslie is uniquely skilled at spotting problems before they arise. She will be a partner in your journey, and would be honored to help you achieve your desired outcome.
- Member of Florida, New York, Washington DC, and Vermont Bar Associations
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section, Reproductive Assisted Technology Committee
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine – Legal Professional Group
- RESOLVE, the National Infertility Association
- Time To Celebrate! The Department of State Updates Rules Regarding Transmission of Citizenship To Children Born Abroad to U.S. Citizens (Florida Commentator, 2015)
- More than 80 recorded legal opinions
Leslie is available for speaking engagements on a variety of topics relating to reproductive law. Her past presentations include:
The Single Intended Parent: It Takes Two To Tango…Or, Does It? (ABA Family Law Section Conference 2017)
A Day In The Life Of A Reproductive Attorney (FIU College of Law Reproductive Justice Conference 2017)
- Chick Chats: Fertility Awareness and Choices for Conception (Miami, Conference 2017)
Kosher Conceptions (Temple Judea, Miami, Conference 2017)
Employer Family Policies: How Does the U.S. Measure Up & Other Revolutionary Workplace Benefits (TCI Talks, Miami, 2017)
- What Happens to Embryos When a Married Couple Divorce (National Association of Divorce Professionals, 2017)
- Embryo Disposition in Divorce or Separation (Inns of Court, 2020)